Before you start wiring the steppers, there's a bit of soldering and assembly required.
- If you have not yet soldered the headers and terminal blocks onto the hat, click here for instructions.
With the Motor Hat and the Raspberry Pi unplugged, make the following connections between the DC/Stepper Motor Hat and Stepper Motor 1:
- Stepper 1 Red to Hat M1+
- Stepper 1 Yellow to Hat M1-
- Stepper 1 Green to Hat M2+
- Stepper 1 Gray to Hat M2-
Make the following connections between the DC/Stepper Motor Hat and Stepper Motor 2:
- Stepper 2 Red to Hat M3+
- Stepper 2 Yellow to Hat M3-
- Stepper 2 Green to Hat M4+
- Stepper 2 Gray to Hat M4-
Then, connect the Female DC Power Adapter to the power terminal block on the hat.
- Unsure how to power the Motor Hat? Check out this page for more information.