All your LED costume pieces in sync with each other. All of them listening and responding to the music around you. Your hand-made hat, wig, poi, and jacket all pulsing to the sound and visuals running on your laptop -- with no extra coding required.
This guide uses the code and concepts from the Lightship LED guide and integrates it into a costume piece, so you can roam around your dance club, playa party or DJ gig and let the visuals follow you wherever you go.
This is a pretty intense guide -- getting everything set up will take a bit of doing, but once you're done, all you have to do is press play -- and the LEDs will reflect whatever's happening on your computer screen.
I'll say that again: whatever is on your screen, is also playing on your costume. The mind boggles.
These same concepts can easily be applied to top hats, poi, LED coats, or whatever other project you've got on your workbench. The Feather M0 and Dotstar LEDs make it all possible.
- Feather M0 Wifi
- Tactile on/off switch
- Lithium Ion battery
- about 2 m of 30 LED/meter Dotstars
- 26awg Silicone wire in various colors
Other Bits Needed
- A wig (I like Arda Wigs best but any wig will work)
- Wig clips
- Large tubular crin ribbon -- be sure you get the large size, the smaller won't fit the LED strips.
- 1/2" clear heat shrink tubing
- Cable ties
- Hot glue gun
- Heat gun
- Soldering Iron & accessories
- Needle & thread