The Whistle also has bluetooth, and reports on who your dog was spending time with if you've added multiple owners to the device. It's also waterproof. So we wanted to get inside to see all the tech crammed into such a small space.
- Atheros AR4100 integrated wifi module
The flex PCB contains the ten LEDs used for different indications during Whistle's operation.
In the photo above:
- Upper right big square: Freescale MK60DN512 microprocessor
- Upper left big rectangle: r32MB Spansion flash storage
- Lowest big square: Texas Instruments CC2564 dual bluetooth/BTLE module
- marked NXK: Texas Instruments lipoly charger
- marked C3H: LIS3DH triple axis accelerometer
- marked BYH: 3.3v and 1.8v buck converter