Now that we have the sensor set up, it is time to link it to an email to get notifications when there's a leak.
- From the WipperSnapper device page, click the "Actions" selection from the navigation bar on the top of the page.
- Now click the "View All" link.
- Click "New Action" to add a new action.
- Select "Reactive Action" and hit create.
- For the "If" selection, pick the name of your water sensor.
- Next choose "greater than", adding a 0 for the value below.
- For the next section, choose "email me (IO+ only)"
- Lastly, choose the name of the sensor again for the "value and time"
If you can't upgrade to IO+, you can use the website If This Then That to send yourself an email when the sensor is triggered. The main downside is that the email does not reliably get sent at the moment the sensor is triggered. Sometimes there can be a delay of multiple hours or more, so it is not recommended.