This provides a visual reference for wiring of the components. They aren't true to scale, just meant to be used as reference. This diagrams was created using the Fritzing software package.
The rotary encoder connects to the Adafruit ItsyBitsy M0 with five wired connections. Ground from the switch and rotary can be shared on the ground pin or ground pad (on the back of the PCB).
- Ground from switch on rotary encoder to Ground on ItsyBitsy M0
- Pin from switch on rotary encoder to pin 9 on ItsyBitsy M0
- Right pin on rotary encoder to pin 10 on ItsyBitsy M0
- Left pin on rotary encoder to pin 11 on ItsyBitsy M0
- Middle pin on rotary encoder to ground on ItsyBitsy M0
The Adafruit ItsyBitsy M0 can be powered via 5V via a USB connection to another device such as a computer.