- Ray's method uses a HID profile, thus no driver installations are required at all
- Compared to the Fake USB method uses a custom profile with a libusb driver
- Ray's method uses a customized serial terminal that he wrote himself
- The Fake USB method works with most generic serial terminal programs, but requires running a background application to act as a "bridge"
The only changes are:
- changed usbconfig.h to include different pin assignments
- added the oscillator calibration function required for ATtiny
- adjusted clock speed for Trinket
When you have downloaded all the files, install the Arduino library as usual. You can then try compiling your own sketches using the library, or try running one of the provided example sketches.
Then to use the serial terminal, either run the host software that you've already downloaded. You may use Processing.org to open the host software, or use one of the provided precompiled executables specific to your operating system.