To build a portable sound system, you will need:
- 1 Adafruit Stereo Class-D Amplifier
- 2 speakers (3 ohm minimum. 3" to 4" is a good size)
- 1 3xAA Battery Pack
- 1 Power Switch
- 1 Phono Jack (We used a 1/4" here)
- 1 50kOhm Stereo Audio-taper pot
- 1 knob
- 1 Box (We used the case from a power tool. But any lunch-box sized enclosure will work as well)
- 2 Speaker Grilles (We used some 4" fan grilles here)
- Screws & nuts to mount the speakers.
- Polyester batting or pillow stuffing
Mount The SpeakersCut holes in the box to fit your speakers and mount them in the box with screws. Here we used 4" speakers with 4" fan grilles and mounted them with 3/4" 6-32 machine screws and nuts.
Mount the ControlsDrill holes to fit your power switch, volume pot and phono jack in a convenient location and mount the controls.
Here we used a 1/4" phono jack. Smaller plugs can be accomodated via adapters. Our volume pot has a Spinal-Tap compliant volume scale that "goes to eleven".