Science + Technology + Engineering + Art + Math = STEAM
Everyone loves funky goggles and the Adafruit Neopixel rings are perfect for building a flashy pair. To kick it up a notch, we STEAMed up these goggles with some high tech sensors and a bit of applied math and physics.
Everywhere we go with these, people ask us where they can get a pair!
- 1 pair of Goggles - Any pair of goggles with 50mm lenses will be a perfect fit for the neopixel rings. The prototype for this project was built with these German-made safety goggles - using the optional tinted lenses.
- 2 Adafruit Neopixel Rings
- 1 Adafruit Flora (the code will NOT fit onto a Trinket or
- 1 Adafruit Flora LSM303 Magnetometer/Accelerometer
- 1 3xAAA Battery Pack
- Scrap of Leather or Upholstry Vinyl for mounting electronics to the temple.
- 1 53mm Watchmaker's Case to house the Flora & Sensor
- 22 AWG stranded hookup wire (solid core wire is not suitable for this project)
- Servo extension cable (optional)
Soldering Iron & soldering supplies
- Needle & Thread
- Hot glue gun
- Double sided foam tape or GOOP adhesive