Some interesting ways you can extend the project are:
- Add your own drink recipes by modifying the drinks.json file and rebuilding the application. Look at the existing drinks to see the schema for documenting drink preparation steps.
- Use a higher precision analog to digital converter, like this 16-bit ADC, to measure much smaller weights from the load cell. Perhaps you can even build a smart measuring cup to simplify tasks in the kitchen like baking cookies!
- Add an audible warning to the application when nearing the target measurement for a preparation step.
- Try switching the application to use a SQLite database to store a huge number of drink recipes. Look at normalizing the grams_per_oz for each preparation step into a separate table based on each ingredient type.
- Use an Android device to add a great interface to your own Arduino project!