Sidequest is a desktop app for Mac/Windows/Linux which allows you to browse and install content on your Quest via sideloading. Follow the steps below to install it on your computer and set it up for use with your Quest.
Go to the Sidequest download page and click the button to download Sidequest for your operating system.
Open the downloaded file and run the installer. The installation process includes all the drivers needed for transferring files to your Quest.
Next, we'll tell the Quest it's OK to connect to your computer:
- Open the Sidequest app on your computer
- Connect the Quest to your computer via USB cable.
- Put on the Quest headset – you should see a window open asking you to Allow USB debugging.
- Check the box labelled Always allow from this computer and click OK
Your Quest and computer are now set up for sideloading using the Sidequest app.
To install one of the apps featured in Sidequest:
- Click the app's thumbnail image or title
- Click Install Latest on the app's page.
To install any other apk file:
- Click the icon showing an arrow inside a box at the top of the Sidequest window.
- Choose your apk from the window that opens
To launch a sideloaded .apk file on your Quest:
- From your Quest headset, go to Library -> Unknown Sources
- Click the app you want to launch from the list on the right