Before you can do any sideloading, you'll need to enable developer mode on your Oculus account and your Quest.
In a browser, go to this page and log into your Oculus account.
Enter a name for your organization in the text field and click Submit. Don't worry - you can always change this name later if you decide to develop & publish apps to the Oculus store.
Turn on your Quest headset and open the Oculus app on the Android or iOS device you used to set up your Quest.
Follow these steps to enable Developer mode on your Quest:
- Tap Settings (bottom-right)
- Select your connected Quest from the device list and connect to it
- Tap More Settings which appears below your Quest in the device list
- Tap Developer Mode
- Tap the switch to enable developer mode
- Exit Settings on the app & reboot your Quest using the right-side power button
After your Quest reboots, developer mode should be enabled. You can confirm this by checking for the Developer category in the Quest's Settings menu as seen above.