Unplug the Trinket from USB and plug in the 12V power supply and then be sure it can accurately detect a knock, unlock on command, and record new knocks, as described below.
If it doesn't behave, see the "Troubleshooting" section for what might be going wrong.
- The Trinket's green power LED will light up.
- The Trinket's red LED will light up.
- The solenoid lock will click open twice. (First really quickly, the second time for about a second or two.)
- The Trinket's red LED will turn off and the lock will close.
The default secret knock is the classic Shave And A Haircut. To change it, see "recording" below.
- The red LED will blink when it senses a knock. (It should also sense if you lightly tap the piezo with your finger.)
- If the wrong sequence if knocks (or taps) is detected the red LED will flicker briefly.
- If the correct sequence is detected the red LED will light and the lock solenoid will retract for a couple seconds.
- Press the record button. The red LED will light and the piezo will play a short tone to let you know its listening for a new knock. (Note: This button won't work if it senses a knock in the last couple of seconds.)
- (If you change your mind, press the button again and the red light will go off, and it will play a different tone.)
- Kock your new knock pattern. The red light will blink off when it hears a knock.
- When you're done, wait a second or two for it to register. It will then playback the knock pattern by both blinking the red LED and beeping the piezo.
- This is now saved as a new knock and it will be remembered even if it's powered off.
- If you don't like the knock or you made a mistake, press the button again to record a different pattern.