Robotics and industrial automation are everywhere these days. Robots help build, package, and ship everything from your breakfast cereal to your car. With that in mind, we designed the ScoutMakes Robot kit to help those with an interest in robotics learn the basics. With it, you will create a simple, wheeled robot while developing a familiarity with concepts like mechanical assembly and motor control. This kit also includes a piezoelectric buzzer and NeoPixels that allow your robot to play sounds and glow while it’s moving around.
And, thanks to the included Azul board, you’ll be able to send instructions to your robot, over BLE, from an app on your iOS or Android device.
Robot Kit Features & Specifications
- Open hardware and open source software.
- Quick and easy assembly (all mechanical hardware is included in the kit).
- Controllable over BLE using an iOS or Android app.
- nRF52840 based ScoutMakes Azul control board
- A piezoelectric speaker allows your robot to make sounds.
- Powered by a rechargeable, LiPo battery (105mAH).
- Four NeoPixels (RGB) on the robot board provide illumination.
- Modify the source files for the robot chassis and 3D print your own designs.
- Quality, N20 motors with metal gear boxes and rubber tires.
- DRV8833 Dual-H-Bridge to control the drive motors.