The ScoutMakes FM radio board is a great way to learn about the world of electronics. It is a I2C breakout board for the RDA5807 FM radio chip by RDA Microelectronics. The board supports Arduino and CircuitPython. Libraries and example code are provided by to help you get started. The board also has connectors which support SparkFun's Qwiic and Adafruit's Stemma QT I2C connector standards, JST 4-pin.
The RDA5807 also has RDS (Radio Data System) capability where station information (station name, song name) can be received. The example code shows RDS information as well.
- Qwiic/STEMMA QT compatible. JST SH 4-pin connectors.
- Runs on I2C standard.
- Supports Arduino and CircuitPython (library available in Adafruit's community bundle).
- 3-5V DC compatible.
- RDS data provided by example code.
- User menu provided in example code.
- ENIG RoHS compliant PCB.
- Power LED (trace can be cut to disable LED for power saving).
- 3.5mm Headphone jack.
- Open Source design.
- Antenna header for improved reception.
- Default I2C address 0x11.