The diagram below provides a visual reference for wiring of the components. This diagram was created using the software package Fritzing.
Use Adafruit's Fritzing parts library to create circuit diagrams for your projects. Download the library or just grab individual parts. Get the library and parts from GitHub - Adafruit Fritzing Parts.
- A+ from PAM8302 to A0 on RGB Matrix FeatherWing
- A- from PAM8302 to GND on PAM8302
- Vin from PAM8302 to 3V on RGB Matrix FeatherWing
- GND from PAM8302 to GND on RGB Matrix FeatherWing
- Switch to GND on RGB Matrix FeatherWing
- Switch to A1 on RGB Matrix FeatherWing
- Red to (+)Positive on PAM8302
- Black to (–)Negative on PAM8302
The RGB Matrix will need to be powered by a 5V 4A wall adapter. 5V USB cable is not enough to fully power the display – Glitches and artifacts are displayed when RGB matrix is only powered by USB cable.