Strip and tin the breakbeam sensors' ground and power connections. Solder their ground connections together. Then, solder their power connections together.
The JST 3-pin socket cable will plug into the servo motor. Solder the cable's ground connection to an additional wire.
Then, solder the breakbeam's shared ground connections to this ground junction. Cover the connection with heat shrink.
Solder an additional wire to the breakbeam sensors' power wires. Cover the connection with heat shrink.
Solder the following connections to the MatrixPortal M4's pins.
- The group's ground connection to the MatrixPortal M4's ground pin
- The breakbeam sensors' data pin to A1
- The JST socket's data pin to A4
For the Audio Amplifier Version, also solder:
- The breakbeam sensors' power connection to the MatrixPortal M4's 3V pin
Additional I2S Audio Version Wiring
Prepare 5 wires about 12" long each by stripping the insulation. If you are using jumpers, cut off the ends first.
Solder the following connections to the MAX98357:
- Red wire to the Vin
- Black wire to Gnd
- White wire to DIN
- Blue wire to BCLK
- Green wire to LRC
Solder the following additional connections to the MatrixPortal's pins.
- The breakbeam sensors' power connection and the MAX98357's power connection to the MatrixPortal M4's 3V pin
- The blue wire from the MAX98357's BCLK pin to A2
- The green wire from the MAX98357's LRC pin to A3
- The white wire from the MAX98357's DIN pin to TX