Glowing, animated boot laces. A sensor in each heel, watching you, weighing your every step, waiting for the opportune moment to light your stride and set your dance moves on fire. NeoPixels are glued to light pipe laces and programmed to animate and glow.
Zip into the ReBoots and become the cyborg you've always wanted to be.
- Killer Boots with Laces - I used Demonia's Gothika600UV in Silver. This project relies on the laces being mostly a decorative feature, not load-bearing…the boots are actually adjusted and closed with buckles and zippers.
- NeoPixels - 1 pixel per row of laces (16 per boot for mine)
- LED Shoelaces or Light Pipe - I used 3 sets of these shoelaces from Flammi
- 2 Pro Trinkets (1 for each boot)
- 2 JST battery connectors
- 2 Lithium Polymer Batteries
- 2 Force Sensitive resistors (FSR)
- 30awg silicone wire
- Soldering iron & accessories
- 3d Printer (optional)
- Hot glue gun
- Spray glue
- Needle & strong thread (a thimble helps too)