Make your very own touchscreen-controller Pi Radio Player! With an ever increasing number of internet radio stations available this project combines the versatility of the Raspberry Pi and the PiTFT 2.8" touchscreen TFTdisplay. A custom display interface lets you control volume, station, and see what's currently playing.
This project is a good one for people who have a little bit of Raspberry Pi experience since there's quite a few steps, but its worth it!
- Build the PiTFT 320x240 2.8" touchscreen display (this may not be necessary if your PiTFT is pre-assembled)
- Calibrate the touchscreen display
- Install Music Player Daemon (MPD) and Music Player Client (MPC) on the Raspberry Pi
- Find and add internet radio stations to mpc
- Download radioplayer source code
- Enjoy streaming internet radio on your desk