DIY your own inductive charging phone case! It's easy to build a base charger from a recycled hardcover book and never plug in your phone again.
For this project you will need:
- Univeral Qi wireless charging transmitter
- Universal Qi charging module to match your phone (my Nexus 4 is reverse short microUSB) or Qi charging sleeve (if you have an iPhone 5)
- Phone case (mine is from Rearth)
- Hardcover book you don't want to read
- Metal ruler
- Sharp utility or craft knife
- Pen or pencil
- USB cable
We'll put the charging module in the phone case and the charging transmitter inside the cover of the book. This project does involve some paper cutting with sharp blades, but is very simple. Let's get started!