To use all the amazing features of your PyPortal with CircuitPython, you must first install a number of libraries. This page covers that process.
At a minimum, the following librarie are required. So grab them and install them into CIRCUITPY/lib directory if you have not already done so:
- adafruit_esp32spi - This is the library that gives you internet access via the ESP32 using (you guessed it!) SPI transport. You need this for anything Internet
- adafruit_requests - This library allows us to perform HTTP requests and get responses back from servers. GET/POST/PUT/PATCH - they're all in here!
- adafruit_pyportal - This is our friendly wrapper library that does a lot of our projects, displays graphics and text, fetches data from the internet. Nearly all of our projects depend on it!
- adafruit_touchscreen - a library for reading touches from the resistive touchscreen. Handles all the analog noodling, rotation and calibration for you.
- adafruit_io - this library helps connect the PyPortal to our free data logging and viewing service
- adafruit_display_text - not surprisingly, it displays text on the screen
- adafruit_bitmap_font - we have fancy font support, and it's easy to make new fonts. This library reads and parses font files.
- neopixel - for controlling the onboard NeoPixel
- adafruit_sdcard - support for reading/writing data from the onboard SD card slot.
- adafruit_bus_device - low level support for I2C/SPI