DIY Electronics & Props
In this project we’ll show you how to build a light up prop using Adafruit’s prop-maker! This is fully 3D printed and has a collapsible blade. It’s made from segments that are tapered so it can retract. It makes a pretty cool effect when you swing it around.
DIY Electronics & 3D Printing
All of the electronics are housed inside the 3D printed hilt. It’s also got an accelerometer for motion activated sound effects. It plays different sounds for swings and hits. They’re also randomized and feel pretty responsive to your motion. The blade is removable and the hilt makes a pretty sweet flashlight. Inside the emitter is an insanely bright 3W RGB LED.
Copy and paste friendly list of products.
- Adafruit Feather M4 Express
- Adafruit Prop-Maker FeatherWing
- 3W RGB LED
- 2200mAh Lipo Battery
- Mini panel mounted toggle switch
- Mini oval speaker
List of screws, standoffs and nuts.
- 2x M3 x 10mm brass standoffs
- 4x M3 x 8mm pan head machine screws
- 4x M3 nylon insert locknuts
- 4x M2.5 nylon machine screws
- 4x M2.5 nylon nuts
- 1x Focusing Lens (5 degree)
Cables, wires and headers used in this build.