The SD card linked in the "parts" section of the "overview" page has NOOBS pre-installed on it so if you have an SD card with NOOBS installed already, skip ahead to the "Connect your Pi" section. However if you have another SD card and want to install NOOBS follow the steps in the "Set up the SD card" section.
- Insert the SD card into the slot on the Pi
- Connect keyboard and mouse via the Pi's USB hubs
- Power up display then connect to Pi via micro-hdmi cable
- Add any other optional connections
- Power up the Pi via usb c cable
- Download Raspbian via NOOBS
- Configure country, language and timezone
- Set up password for Pi
- Connect Pi to wifi network
- Install any necessary updates
First, open a terminal window
In a terminal window type and return:
sudo apt-get update
Next type and return:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
When prompted, y/n type y and return.
This will update your Pi's operating system to Rasbpian Buster which may take some time. (10 - 15min)
When the update is complete, restart the Pi by running the command:
Problem: My screen is not showing any output from the Raspberry Pi.
Potential Solution 1: Make sure all connections are in place before booting up Pi.
Potential Solution 2: Double check that your SD card has NOOBS correctly installed.
Now that we're all set up, it's time to get Scratch up and runnin'!