Guides for product: Budget Pack for Raspberry Pi 1 Model B (Doesn't include RasPi)
An optimized collection of parts and pieces to experiment with Raspberry Pi at home, school or work. Great for students and those that want to get their feet wet, no soldering required! THIS PACK DOES NOT INCLUDE A RASPBERRY PI 1 MODEL B and is NOT compatible with Model B+ or Raspberry Pi 2
We recommend upgrading to a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B or Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ if you do not have a Raspberry Pi yet, but we keep this pack around for people who still have a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B!
- Adafruit Pi Case - Keeps your Pi snug and safe, and is compatible with the GPIO cable and cobbler! Durable and chic, snaps together in seconds.
- 3' long USB Micro-B Cable - Use this to power the Pi from a computer or the 5V 1A adapter
- 5V 1A power adapter - this ain't no regular USB power plug! We had these custom made specifically for use with embedded Linux machines like the Pi. It provides clean 1A minimum with 5.25V to overcome the 0.25V drop of the USB cable
- SD Card 4GB size - 2GB is a little too small, we think. This card works perfectly with our reader below and is ideal for loading in our educational Pi distro - The current NOOBS (1.3.3 and later) is too large for 4GB, so if you want to use Raspbian, just load that in directly (see our tutorial for how)
- Adafruit Pi Cobbler kit with GPIO cable - fully assembled and tested! No soldering required-- makes connecting to the GPIO/I2C/SPI/Power pins easy as pie
- Half-size solderless breadboard - Space to plug in the Cobbler and some other electronic parts
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 3" (75mm) - These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. They come on a ribbon, simply pull off individual wires as you need.
This pack is a great way to start and will let you burn our Adafruit hacking distro to the SD card, connect your Pi to the 'net and check out our many Pi tutorials to whet your appetite This pack has only the basics to get you started. That allows us to keep the price low while giving you the choice of what accessories to add in. Once you have the pack, check out our free online tutorials for Raspberry Pi!