We're still selling this classic Adafruit case for those who specifically want it but we suggest checking out our brand new case, easier to use, and much more durable as well. All for a lower price, check it out!
Keep your Raspberry Pi® computer safe and sound in this lovely clear acrylic enclosure. We designed this case to be beautiful, easy to assemble and perfect for any use (but especially for those who want to tinker!) This enclosure is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi Model B+ nor the Pi 2!
The case comes as 6 pieces that snap together, made of crystal-clear acrylic. This ingenious design has no screws or standoffs and there are cute little feet cut into the sides so that it stands up above your desk. There are engraved labels on all the connector slots. You can use all of the connectors on the edges of the Pi: HDMI, Audio, Video, SD slot, micro USB power, Ethernet and the two USB ports. We also added a slot so that you can connect a 26-pin IDC cable to the GPIO breakout pins on the Pi and pass it though the case. For more advanced hacking, the enclosure is designed so that you can remove the top piece and plug any sort of cables you wish into the breakouts in the middle. The case is airy enough that no additional vents or cooling is required - we tested the enclosed Pi over a 24 hour period at full load with no significant increase in temperature.
Be sure to check out more of our awesome Raspberry Pi accessories including:
- 4 GB SD card - you'll need this to load the Debian image and is not included in a Pi computer purchase. Tested and works perfectly!
- 5V @ 1 Amp USB power supply - you'll need this to power the Pi using a Micro USB cable. Tested and works perfectly!
- Micro USB cable - required to power the Pi and is not included in a Pi computer purchase
- HDMI cable - required to connect a Pi to a monitor and is not included in a Pi computer purchase
- RCA cable - required to connect a Pi to a Television and is not included in a Pi computer purchase
- Ethernet cable - required if you want to connect your Pi to the Internet via a router
- Pi Cobbler + GPIO ribbon cable - an easy way to connect to the Pi GPIO breakout pins
- Pi prototyping plate kit - pop on this prototyping Pi Plate to add custom circuitry for your project!
- Miniature USB keyboard - A small keyboard for a small computer!
- 8-bit bi-directional level shifter breakout - A safe way to connect digital electronics/sensors that use up to 5V to your Pi
This product comes with the 6 acrylic pieces. Raspberry Pi computer is not included. No other cables or connectors or accessories are included.
Click here for assembly instructions
Note: The Raspberry Pi does not have mounting holes, so this case has a small amount of wiggle room to accommodate the Pi and to account for small variations in plastic thickness.
What is the Raspberry Pi® ? A low-cost ARM GNU/Linux box.
The Raspberry Pi® is a single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of stimulating the teaching of basic computer science in schools. The design is based on a Broadcom BCM2835 system on a chip (SoC), which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 256 megabytes of RAM. The design does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, instead relying on an SD card for booting and long-term storage. The Foundation plans to support Fedora Linux as the initial system software package/distribution, with support for Debian and Arch Linux as well - Wikipedia.
Raspberry Pi® is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.