Guides for product: Filament for 3D Printers in Various Colors and Types
Having a 3D printer without filament is sort of like having a regular printer without paper or ink. And while a lot of printers come with some filament there's a good chance you've been printing up a storm and need something new. That's why we've started carrying a complete line of 3D printing filament in a variety of colors!
Our PLA Filaments are great basic materials for 3D printers. 1.75mm diameter PLA filament works best with PrintrBot Simples.
- PLA is bioplastic so its made from renewable natural resources. It's biodegradable in commerical compost facilities so you can feel good and green about whatever you're printing. There's less warping when printing with PLA and it works best when extruded between 160°C and 220°C.
- The raw material used to produce the Ultimachine PLA filament are Natureworks PLA4043D Ingeo resins, created from corn grown in the United States. The pigments used in these filaments are also bio-friendly and formulated specifically to suit PLA.
Our PLA/PHA Filaments offer a compromise between PLA and ABS at an affordable price and extra durability compared to PLA.
- PLA/PHA is made from renewable resources and is biodegradable.
- PHA adds toughness to the PLA, making it more malleable and giving it a feel similar to ABS. The colors are opaque and remain vibrant after printing.
- Unlike ABS, PLA/PHA are not prone to warping and can be printed easily on an unheated printer bed. Watch the video below to see a demonstration of the filament strength.
Our ABS Filaments are great basic materials for 3D printers. The ORION Delta 3D Printer and it's heated bed work perfectly with ABS filament. ABS filament does not work with the Printrbots!
- ABS is lightweight thermoplastic that's great for extruding. It's less brittle than PLA and has a higher temperature resistance of 200-250°C. It's great for experience 3D printers and engineers. One disadvantage of ABS is that it lets off a chemical smell so it's a good idea to print in a well-ventilated area.
- ABS requires a bed temperature between 60°C - 120°C
NinjaFlex is a specially formulated thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) that produces flexible prints with elastic properties. Patent pending technology allows for smooth feeding and clean, high-quality printed parts. NinjaFlex's unique flexibility and smooth feeding characteristics enable you to create in ways you never thought possible.
- Ninjaflex is best suited for Fused Deposition 3D printers that use 1.75mm or 3mm filament or 3D printers that accept other types of filaments (like ABS and PLA).
Announcing the newest addition to the NinjaFlex family, SemiFlex 3D Filament! Just like the original NinjaFlex 3D Filament, SemiFlex material boasts flexibility, strength and reliability for your 3D printing projects. It's also slightly more rigid so you can expand your printing possibilities.
SemiFlex is best for the following types of projects:
- High level of detail
- Containing intricate parts
- High resolution text
- Unsupported vertical printing
- Shock-absorption needed
- Requires less flexibility than NinjaFlex original 3D Filament
PLA/PHA - bronzeFill / copperFill / glowFill
These PLA/PHA blend 1.75mm 750g spools from colorFabb are great and unique materials for 3D printers. These amazing one of a kind filaments will literally make your work out of actual bronze, actual copper, or shine at night!
These filaments have been tested successfully on a wide variety of printers, working well on both heated and non-heated build platforms.