This project pairs the super-awsome Pixy CMUCam-5 vision system with the high performance Zumo robot platform, a pan/tilt mechanism and an Arduino Leonardo for a brain.
The Pixy camera has powerful image processing capabilities that can track objects by color. It can track dozens of objects simultaneously and report their locations to the Arduino in real-time. The built-in pan/tilt servo control is fast enough to track a bouncing ball.
Putting all this together with an Arduino Leonardo processor, you can build yourself a fun and responsive little bot that will chase objects or follow you around like a playful pet!
The Pixy Pet Robot is simple to build with no soldering required. With just a few common tools, you can complete the assembly in under an hour!
- Pixy CMUcam-5
- Mini Pan/Tilt Kit - Assembled with Micro Servos*
- Zumo Robot
- Arduino Leonardo** or Leonardo Compatible Processor
- Double-sided foam tape
- Cable Ties
- 4x AA batteries
* If you have some micro-servos already, we also have an unassembled pan/tilt kit in the store. Some modifications may be required to fit your servo horns to the pan/tilt kit.
** The official Arduino Leonardo has been discontinued, but the Seeeduino Lite will work with some minor modifications.
- Wire Cutters
- USB A to Mini-B cable (for teaching the camera)
- USB A to Micro-B cable (for uploading to the Leonardo)