These stats are for the photocell in the Adafruit shop which is very much like the PDV-P8001 . Nearly all photocells will have slightly different specifications, although they all pretty much work the same. If there's a datasheet, you'll want to refer to it
- Size: Round, 5mm (0.2") diameter. (Other photocells can get up to 12mm/0.4" diameter!)
- Price: $1.00 at the Adafruit shop
- Resistance range: 200KΩ (dark) to 10KΩ (10 lux brightness)
- Sensitivity range: CdS cells respond to light between 400nm (violet) and 600nm (orange) wavelengths, peaking at about 520nm (green).
- Power supply: pretty much anything up to 100V, uses less than 1mA of current on average (depends on power supply voltage)
- Datasheet and another Datasheet
- Two application notes on using and selecting photocells where nearly all of these graphs are taken from
If, when adding more sensors, you find that the readings are inconsistent, this indicates that the sensors are interfering with each other when switching the analog reading circuit from one pin to the other. You can fix this by doing two delayed readings and tossing out the first one.