This project uses the on-board microphone of the Circuit Playground Express's to trigger a pair of servo actuated costume ears to perk up when there is a loud noise. The ears are mounted on a hair band and the whole thing is completely self-contained.
This project uses a Circuit Playground Express, 2 servos, and a LiPo battery. Any size battery can be used, but the 1200 mAh model is a good balance between size and lifespan.
- Construction paper
- Corrugated cardboard
- Hot glue and glue gun
- 2 rubber bands of an appropriate size
- Felt, faux fur, or fabric as desired to cover the ears
- Jumper wire with male pins if you want to solder to the CPX for a more robust connection
- flexible/stranded wire to use as an actuator
- 4 pieces of stiff wire (long male header pins work well) and wire to mechanically connect the servo