If you are new to Python, here are a couple of tips to save you the frustration I faced:
- Unlike other programming languages, spacing and tabs in Python are extremely important and are built into how programs are "interpreted".
- After the first line of an if statement, function, or loop, the following line of code MUST, be indented by a tab.
- DO NOT use spaces instead of tabs or you will be in a world of head ache.
- Any extra spaces before lines of code will crash your program and it will not work.
- Once I got used to the framework of the language, I found I like that writing clean and indented code is necessary for the program to function properly.
With that said let’s get coding!