Step 1 is to get your Funhouse set up in the Adafruit IO WipperSnapper page. Follow the instructions in the Quickstart guide to do this.
- Position the ends of the sensor to face each other with some tape.
- Now place your hand inbetween both sides of the sensor to "break" the beam.
- Check the WipperSnapper device page to see if the value changes from "unbroken" to "broken" for your sensor.
If you are not receiving feedback from the sensor, verify the following:
- The sensor is correctly wired according to the directions on the "Add the IR Sensor" page
- The Stemma cable is connected to the A2 pin on the FunHouse
- The sensor ends are not more than 20" or 50cm from each other.