Solder 4 pieces of the the NeoPixel 1/4 60 Ring together, connecting GND to GND, 5V to 5V and DIN to DOUT. Butt the ends together and use a small piece of stripped wire as a 'bridge' to give some mechanical support.
Leave one pair of DIN and DOUT disconnected- this will be where the NeoPixel strand begins and ends. The microcontroller data pin will connect to the DIN here.
The ring is very delicate! So please mount onto a backing or use care when moving around!
NeoPixel Ring connects as follows:
- +5V → 5V pin on Arduino or USB pin on Trinket (red wire)
- GND → GND pin on Arduino or Trinket (black wire)
- DIN → D3 pin on Arduino or #3 Trinket (blue wire)
DS1307 RTC connects as follows:
- +5V → 5V on Arduino or Trinket (red wire)
- GND → GND on Arduino or Trinket (black wire)
- SDA → Analog 4 on Arduino or #0 on Trinket (green wire)
- SCL → Analog 5 on Arduino or #2 on Trinket (orange wire)
Assemble the DS1307 breakout following these instructions if it's not pre-assembled.