The second clock kit from ladyada & Adafruit Industries, we present MONOCHRON!
We wanted to make a clock that was ultra-hackable, from adding a separate battery-backed RTC to designing the enclosure so you could program the clock once its assembled.
- 128x64 LCD (KS0108) - we special-ordered the black and white display
- ATmega328 processor (we even stuck an 'arduino' stk500 bootloader on there too)
- Laser cut enclosure in black acrylic
- Beeping/blinking alarm with 10 minute snooze
- Battery backed-up real time clock (DS1307) keeps time even when power is lost for years
- European/US 12 or 24 hour time display as well as date
- Completely open source hardware, all firmware, layout and CAD files are yours to mess with
- Plenty of space for mods, a prototyping area for soldering stuff in
- Amanda 'w0z' Wozniak - designed the beautiful enclosure
- Caitsith2 - beta-tested, and submitted some great firmware mods
- Buro Vormkijgers - inspired people to relive the joy of their retro-youth (we are in no way associated with Buro Vormkijgers, at the request of Sander Mulder on 4/10/2010 we've included a link to his site here)
MONOCHRON® is a registered trademark of Adafruit Industries