The charger circuitry and 2 AA batteries fit into an Altoids gum tin, and will run your iPod for hours! 2.5x more than you'd get from a 9V USB charger! (See Process for math/calculations) You can use rechargable batteries too.
- Version 3 now works with iPhones and newer iGadgets!
- 5V output @ 500mA output
- Fits in your pocket
- Recharges just about any gadget with a USB cable
- Uses any AA batteries!
- Upgrade to C or D cells for a mega battery pack
- iPhone (all types): 3/4 full recharge
- iPod video (tested, using alkaline batteries): 3hrs more video (1 full recharge)
- iPod mini (tested w/rechargables): 26 hours more (1.5 full recharges)
- iPod nano: 4 full recharges!
- iPod shuffle : 60 hours more , 5 full recharges!
I've also documented the process of designing this kit, in case other people interested in designing and making kits are interested in learning how to start selling their own kits!
- Paul Stamatiou's review
- Jim Wandering's review
- Daniel Beck's review
- Ryan Pauley's philosophical review
- The Samurai's gallery
- Erike built one for his sweetheart
- Bean tooth made a cherry flavored one
- Piet in Finland uses his for watching long videos
- Lexiredlion built 5!
Mintyboost® is a registered trademark of Adafruit Industries