There is quite a bit of code that controls all of the devices connected to your Mini Smart Home, but all that really needs to be done is add your WiFi and MQTT information. The HuzzahCrickitIOT project contains two files, HuzzahCrickitIOT.ino has the main code and config.h for the network settings.
You will want to download the link below to your Arduino folder so that we can make edits and upload.
Open the HuzzahCrickitIOT.ino file in the Arduino IDE and click the config.h tab at the top so that you can add your WiFi and MQTT information.
All text in quotations will need to be updated with your information.
- You will need to replace Your SSID with the SSID for your WiFi network.
- Replace Your Password should be replaced by the password used to connect to your WiFi.
- For the MyMDTTadress, this will be the IP address of the Raspberry Pi that you set up with Home Assistant.
- The space for yourMQTT will be replaced with the user name from your MQTT setup.
- Finally, you will want to add the MQTT password to replace yourMQTTpass.
Once finished, connect your HUZZAH Feather to your computer and download the code. When download is finished, click on the magnifying glass icon on the top right corner to open the Serial Monitor. If all went well you should see it connect and start to stream data.