The swing ride or "chair o planes" is a popular and famous ride at carnivals and amusement parks. The ride uses centrifugal force to lift you up and up as you spin faster! We get to make one with lights, music and more with the help of CRICKIT and cardboard.
Reading or at least skimming through these guides before beginning will save you a lot of headache in the future. You can always refer back to them if you need help!
- Paper towel or aluminum foil roll cylindrical cardboard center
- Medium-sized cardboard box - need at least one face of box to be 25 x 25 cm (to make the circle top)
- Scrap pieces of cardboard (to make swings and character cutouts)
- Small cardboard box for mounting components to (Adafruit one works well)
- Hobby knife
- Twine or string
- Thumb tack
- Hot glue gun + 2-3 sticks of glue
- Phillips head screwdriver
Optional but recommended:
- Cutting mat (for cutting cardboard)
- Level (for leveling ride, reducing wobbles)
- Glue stick (for character cut outs)
- Glitter glue
- Popsicle stick (to spread glitter glue)
- Plastic jewels
- Other decorations!
- Peel and stick hoop and loop fasteners (Velcro) - For attaching characters to swings
- Print out of characters