The diagram below provides a visual reference for wiring of the components. This diagram was created using the software package Fritzing.
Use Adafruit's Fritzing parts library to create circuit diagrams for your projects. Download the library or just grab individual parts. Get the library and parts from GitHub - Adafruit Fritzing Parts.
- VCC from Speaker to 3V on Feather
- GND from Speaker to GND on Feather
- Signal from Speaker to A0 on FeatherWing
- Button to GND on Feather
- Button to D4 on FeatherWing
- IR break beam (2-wire) to GND on Feather
- IR break beam (2-wire) to 3V on Feather
- IR break beam (3-wire) to GND on Feather
- IR break beam (3-wire) to 3V on Feather
- IR break beam (3-wire) to A1 on FeatherWing
The RGB Matrix will need to be powered by a 5V 4A wall adapter. 5V USB cable is not enough to fully power the display – Glitches and artifacts are displayed when RGB matrix is only powered by USB cable.