- 3 packets gelatin powder
- 1 box Jell-O (any flavor)
- 2 teaspoons Ascorbic acid powder (or vitamin C tablets, crushed)
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cup stovetop-safe glass measuring/mixing cup
- high-temp silicone spatula or wooden spoon
- deep pan for double boiler
- plastic wrap
- candy syringes
- many 3D printed LED legs in PLA (corn-based plastic)
- candy mold (make your own for this project or use any candy mold for these gummies)
Eventually the mixture will be like a paste or dough. Cover it with plastic wrap (you can leave the spatula in) and let it rest on the counter for 10 minutes, giving the water and gelatin a chance to dissolve.
Also place your mold in the freezer 5 minutes before casting. The cool rubber will help set the candies faster.
Bend and flex the mold to help the candy come away from the mold, and pull the candies out onto a piece of parchment paper.
Allow the candies to air dry if you wish to bag them up together (prevents sticking), or just present them to your friends and eat them right away!