Create your own bespoke glowing NeoPixel corset and smile to yourself as all the heads in the room turn to follow you. Line your perfect silhouette with 500 programmable lights that show you off like a fairy disco queen. What could be more alluring?
This project requires careful crafting, some tricky soldering, a little sewing, and a bit of patience. It's worth it! Focused attention to the construction of your corset will lead to a masterpiece of beauty like nothing you've seen before.
- A white or light-colored corset (see the "Planning" section for tips)
- Circuit Playground Express
- Soldering iron & accessories
- Around 5-6 meters of side-light NeoPixels (see "Planning" section for more info)
- Silicone stranded wire in 3 colors
- A battery & charger
- An on/off switch
- USB cable for programming
Fabric Store Stuff
- About 6 yards of 3/8" wide ribbon
- 2-3 yards of extra wide, double-fold bias tape
- A flower or other decoration that's larger than the Circuit Playground (2" in diameter)
- Scrap of fabric for a battery pocket
- Needle & thread & scissors
- Sewing machine
- Jewel or marble for the center of the flower
Hardware Store Stuff
- Silicone glue (I used Loctite Clear Silicone Adhesive)
- 1/2" clear heat shrink
- Hot glue gun
- Heat gun
We're using the Circuit Playground Express, because programming it can be as easy as downloading a file and pressing reset, or if you're a monster coder you can use Arduino or CircuitPython with the Circuit Playground's onboard sensors to create something totally unique.