If you get stuck or you'd like more information about getting started with Processing, take a look at the Getting Started tutorial for Processing.
When you're finished, you should be able to run Processing and get a window like this one:
The specific release we're using here is Fadecandy 01.
- The Fadecandy Server (fcserver) program, in the bin directory
- Processing examples, in the examples directory
- On Mac OS, double-click the fcserver-osx file in bin
- On Windows, double-click fcserver.exe in bin
- Programs using the Open Pixel Control protocol to talk to your LEDs
- Browser-based programs using WebSockets to talk to your LEDs
- Web browsers requesting an HTML-based user interface
The bottom section shows you how the server is configured. This isn't really important unless you have special requirements or you're using multiple Fadecandy Controller boards, but you can read more about this in the Fadecandy server configuration documentation.
That's all the software you need for this tutorial. Now for some wiring!