This provides a visual reference for wiring of the components. They aren't true to scale, just meant to be used as reference. The NeoPixel wiring in this circuit best fits the assembly when it's oriented inwards.
You can power NeoPixels from the 3V pin and they work just fine. The SK chips are very happy with 3V logic and 3V power. The first chip will automatically raise the voltage.
- Switch to Enable pin on Adafruit Feather
- Switch to GND pin on Adafruit Feather
- DATA IN from NeoPixel to 6 on Adafruit Feather
- 4-7VDC from NeoPixel to 3V on Adafruit Feather
- GND from NeoPixel to GND on Adafruit Feather