The Internet of Things Printer Project Pack includes the following items:
- Mini Thermal Receipt Printer.
- 50' roll of thermal paper.
- Metal on/off toggle button with green LED.
- Panel-mount DC barrel jack.
- 5V 2A DC switching power supply.
- Break-away strip male header (single piece similar to product ID #400).
- A short length of ribbon cable.
- Seven (7) laser-cut acrylic pieces - information on these is below.
- Eleven (11) 1/2" #4-40 black nylon machine screws.
- Twelve (12) #4-40 black nylon nuts.
- Not shown: a short length of heat-shrink tube.
Because many users already have Arduino hardware, the kit does not include microcontroller and/or network boards. You will need to additionally purchase or bring:
- an Arduino Ethernet board and a USB-to-serial programming adapter such as the FTDI Friend or TTL-232 Cable.
Directions are provided for both. In either case, you will also need:
- Cables for USB programming and Ethernet.
As the kit of parts is not available at present, the design files for cutting your own acrylic are provided below. You may want to change these depending on your design.
The following tools are needed:
- Soldering iron and solder.
- Small screwdriver.
- Optional: tape, pliers.
- Not shown: wire cutters and strippers, lighter or heat gun for heat-shrink.