The Internet of Things Printer Project Pack includes the following items:
- Mini Thermal Receipt Printer.
- 50' roll of thermal paper.
- Metal on/off toggle button with green LED.
- Panel-mount DC barrel jack.
- 5V 2A DC switching power supply.
- Break-away strip male header (single piece similar to product ID #400).
- A short length of ribbon cable.
- Seven (7) laser-cut acrylic pieces.
- Eleven (11) 1/2" #4-40 black nylon machine screws.
- Twelve (12) #4-40 black nylon nuts.
- Not shown: a short length of heat-shrink tube.
Because many users already have Arduino hardware, the kit does not include microcontroller and/or network boards. You will need to additionally purchase or bring:
- an Arduino Ethernet board and a USB-to-serial programming adapter such as the FTDI Friend or TTL-232 Cable.
Directions are provided for both. In either case, you will also need:
- Cables for USB programming and Ethernet.
Not included with the kit, the following tools are needed:
- Soldering iron and solder.
- Small screwdriver.
- Optional: tape, pliers.
- Not shown: wire cutters and strippers, lighter or heat gun for heat-shrink.