Changing the motor controller’s mode of operation and finding an optimal PWM frequency can dramatically improve the control and performance of brushed DC motors. Using CircuitPython, set your motor controller's decay mode from fast to slow and select a PWM frequency below 100Hz for enhanced results.
Jump to the Code Examples section to see how it's done.
- CRICKIT FeatherWing
- CRICKIT for Circuit Playground Express
- DC Motor + Stepper FeatherWing
- Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield
- DRV8871 DC Motor Driver Breakout
- DRV8833 DC/Stepper Motor Driver Breakout
- TB6612 1.2A DC/Stepper Motor Driver Breakout
- L9110H H-Bridge Motor Driver
- L293D Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver
Supporting code libraries: