To control the virtual puppet, the Bluefruit Playground app looks at the data from the CPB's onboard accelerometer and buttons. Here is a description of those features and how to navigate them.
- Tilt left/right to tilt head
- Tilt up/down to open/close mouth
- Tap button A to trigger the "raised eyebrows" animation
- Tap button B to trigger the "head shake" animation
Additionally, you can control two other features of the puppet directly on the app itself.
- Touch and drag the puppet to change the orientation/direction that it is facing
- Pinch to enlarge or shrink puppet
- To keep the CPB snug on your hand while puppeteering, it's best to use a rubber band around your index through pinky fingers, slipping the CPB under the top of the rubber band.
- If needed, make two loops with your rubber band to increase snug fit and prevent a flying CPB.
Click the recond button in the lower-left corner of the app to begin recording.
You may get asked if you'd like to enable the camera and microphone for recording, hit yes.
Once you are finished recording, click the record button again to stop the recording.
The app will then prompt you to either save or discard the video. Hit save to save the video to your device.
The video should now show up in your photos.
Tap the icon with the two squares to enable green screen mode. More on how to use this in the "Connecting and Controlling" section of this guide.