Head to the MakeCode arcade homepage at https://arcade.makecode.com/ and click "New Project".
- On the right side of the screen is our editing space. This is where we'll drag and drop blocks onto to create the game.
- The center column is where we'll find all the different blocks with which to choose from.
- The game console on the left-hand side of the screen is where our code comes to life and where we can test our games out.
- This category allows us to create and define Sprites. Sprites are the objects what we control in our games. They can be players, enemies, food, projectiles, and more!
- These blocks let us define which buttons control what. For example if we want button A on our controller to shoot out arrows.
Access code blocks to:
- Images: Create and edit graphics of sprites and backgrounds.
- Functions: Create custom functions to call within the program.
- Arrays: Create lists of data.
- Text: Create strings. Could be used to create speech bubbles for characters.
- Console: Help with debugging or troubleshooting errors in the program.
- Extensions: Access additional block types like animations.