Create a vibration notification wearable for timing your meditation sessions and so much more! The haptic motor controller can execute waveforms, taps, clicks, fuzzes, hums, and bumps-- different patterns of vibrating that you can recognize. Build it into a bandana or headband for a meditation timer that gently signals you without the need for your phone's alarm.
Before you begin, make sure you've read the following prerequisite guides:
- Getting Started with Flora
- Adafruit Guide To Excellent Soldering
- Battery Powering your Wearable Electronics
- Adafruit DRV2605 Haptic Controller Breakout
For this project you will need:
- Flora microcontroller (or other I2C capable microcontroller)
- DRV2605L Haptic Motor Controller
- Vibrating Mini Motor Disc
- Lipoly battery and charger
- Soldering tools and supplies
- double sided foam tape or velcro tape (optional)
- Headband or bandana
- needle and thread (optional)
For a similar circuit without haptic gestures (but with slightly smaller components), check out the Gemma Mindfulness Bracelet!