Animated Eye Upgrade
Upgrade this Haunted Candy Bowl with an Adafruit HalloWing M4! Use the touch pads to change the side lit NeoPixel animations! Customize the animated eyes and trick out your candy bowl to win this year's Halloween!
Touch the pads on the HalloWing M4 to change the NeoPixel animations. Featured animations include a beating heart, fading gradients and rainbows!
The Haunted Candy Bowl
This project uses the Animated Haunted Candy Bowl from Hyde and Eek Boutique. It lights up, speaks phrases and features a mechanical eye that moves side to side.
Eye Candy Bowl
For the retail price you get a pretty nice case that looks pretty cool and has a decent quality – This beats hours of 3D printing. Plus, it's already designed for a Cyclops! We just couldn't resist adding the HalloWing M4 to this thing. The "eye" puns aren't too bad either.
A few points we wanted to hit when making this project.
- Fit the HalloWing M4 into the eye socket of the candy bowl using a 3D printed mount.
- Use the animated eyes and capacitive (cap) touch pads to animate the HalloWing M4's side lit NeoPixel LEDs.
- Use the existing slide switch to turn off/on the circuit.
- Make the USB port accessible for reprogramming.
Use the link below to launch the learn guide to get your HalloWing M4 setup with the M4 eyes code. Setup is fast and easy, so once that is done come back here and continue!
Here's a list of the parts used in this project:
- Adafruit HalloWing M4 https://www.adafruit.com/products/4300
- 4400Mah Lipo Battery https://www.adafruit.com/products/354
- 40mm plastic convex lens https://www.adafruit.com/products/3917
- JST Extension Cable https://www.adafruit.com/products/1131
- M2.5 Screw Standoff Kit https://www.adafruit.com/products/3299
- Fully reversible USB cable https://www.adafruit.com/products/4111