Use the diagram above to reference the wired connections. The length of wires are not exact, this is just a visual representation of the circuit. A small piece of the Adafruit Perma-Proto is used to break out additional voltage and ground pins. On the back of the Trinket is a male JST connector – A JST slide switch adapter is connected to turn the circuit on and off. The circuit is powered by a 3.7V 500mAh lipo battery.
Below is a list of the wired connections in this circuit. Most of the voltage and ground connections will be wired to the piece of Adafruit Perma-Proto breadboard PCB.
- VCC from 3mm LEDs to voltage on Adafruit Perma-Proto
- GND from 3mm LEDs to ground on Adafruit Perma-Proto
- GND from 10mm LED to ground on Adafruit Perma-Proto
- VCC from 10mm LED to pin #0 on Adafruit Trinket
- VCC from micro servo to voltage on Adafruit Perma-Proto
- GND from micro servo to ground on Adafruit Perma-Proto
- Data from micro servo to pin #4 on Adafruit Trinket
A strand of 6x 3mm LEDs are arranged and wired to a single voltage and ground pin on the Perma-Proto PCB. The LEDs are wired together in series. The diagram below shows how they can be wired, but it's not a 100% representation of the strand. In this project, the leads are much shorter and the LEDs are spaced further apart.