Make a GPS logger to map your dog's playtime at the park or hike in the woods! This intermediate FLORA microcontroller circuit is a great first GPS project! Use conductive thread to stitch up the sewable GPS and FLORA so there's no soldering required.
Before you begin, check out these guides:
You'll have installed the Adafruit Arduino software by now, OR you can program your FLORA directly from your browser using Codebender. Fancy!
For this project you'll need:
- FLORA main board (Gemma/Trinket is not good for this project, so stick with Flora!)
- FLORA sewable GPS
- conductive thread
- sewable coincell battery holder with battery
- 3xAAA battery holder and batteries
- scrap of tablecloth vinyl
- sewing needle and thread
- sturdy tape like gaff or packing
- clear nail polish
We're building the circuit on the Ruffwear Single Track dog backpack.