This Bonnet provides you with a number of options. Let's take a look!
You can solder the included headers onto the Bonnet, or leave them off for a slimmer setup.
- The top section is GPB0 - header B.
- The bottom set is GPA0 - header A.
- The top row of each set of headers is ground.
- The bottom row, numbered 0-7, is the 8 IO pins.
By soldering closed the address select jumpers, you can change the address from 0x20 to 0x27. This allows up to 8 bonnets for 128 total GPIO.
Use the table below to help determine what address results from soldering various pads.
- Blank= unsoldered (default)
- X = soldered
The MCP23017 has interrupt capabilities. There are two IRQ pins (INTA and INTB) you can solder a wire to, if you want to have a quick way of telling if any of the GPIO's changed.