Ideas for Areas to Explore
- Compare the MiCS-5524 with the i2c Sensirion SGP30 and AMS CCS811.
- Monitor alcohol fermentation processes.
- Add a sensor to a mobile robot to seek out or map gases.
- Investigate other MQ sensors to determine their ability to distinguish between different flammable gases. Compare with others like Figaro.
- Detect local graffiti artists using aerosol paints by sampling outdoor air.
- Test other household products like nail polish remover (ketones), antifreeze (diols), vinegar (carboxylic acid) and old fashioned smelling salts (ammonia).
- Investigate different power supplies to look for effects of power supply related noise and possible compensation techniques for low frequency noise. An extra analogue input (with appropriate voltage scaling to 3.3V) could be used to monitor/check 5V power.
- Check behaviour of sensors with low power supply voltage. The analogue output appears to go up substantially, presumably due to the lower heater temperature.
- Explore other "sensors". A zinc-air battery may be viable for oxygen detection, see The World's Cheapest Oxygen Sensor.
- Build an "electronic nose" (olfaction) using an array of different sensors, see Michael Madsen's very thorough, cheap electronic nose research.
PRODUCT ID: 3709
Breathe easy with the SGP30 Multi-Pixel Gas Sensor, a fully integrated MOX gas sensor. This is a very fine air quality sensor from the sensor experts...
PRODUCT ID: 3566
Breathe easy - we finally have an I2C VOC/eCO2 sensor in the Adafruit shop! Add air quality monitoring to your project and with an Adafruit CCS811 Air Quality...
PRODUCT ID: 184
This kit is for making your own breadboard-friendly very low dropout adjustable power supply. A good power supply is essential to electronic projects. While there are many existing...
This guide was first published on Oct 28, 2018. It was last
updated on Oct 28, 2018.
This page (Going Further) was last updated on Oct 28, 2018.
Safety critical carbon monoxide (CO) detection and alarms are best left to commercial appliances from reputable suppliers.